Monday 12 March 2018

MFH Ishoo Twenty-For: War Trakk

The normally quiet seaside town of Monte Carlork echoes to the thunderous raw of nitro-chewin' smoke-belchin' tyre-shreddin' squig-injectin' engines and the extremely amusing squeaky squeels of any grots who get in the way. NAZORK (Nazgrub's Awesomely Zoomy Ork Racing Kars) is in town for the Monte Carlork Grandish Prix - the highlight of any Ork's calendar. Lap after lap of pulse-pounding excitement, erratic driving, wildly-aimed gunfire and, most importantly, spectacular firey crashes! So grab your oiler squig, strap into 2000 squig-power of death on wheels with a slim chance of there being a steering wheel attached somewhere, put the pedal to the metal and race for the ultimate glory of Gork or possibly Mork in the ultimate test of orkyness!

Last week I decided to run NAZORK at Little Wars 2018. A quick inventory of my collection indicated precisely three buggies and four Grot Tanks, meaning I need a few more vehicles to really run a participation 40K Ork racing game. So I figured I would build some War Trakks. And since the other thing I did on Saturday was buy casting materials (and a hot knife - more on that in future) I decided to build a set of masters which could then be cast to make a bunch of customisable War Trakks, the track units of which will also be used on Grot Tanks. 
In this ishoo, we'll have a look at building the a War Trakk. Some time soon we'll look at the moulds, cast up some duplicates, and look at making some custom War Trakks.
How easy is all this? Perchance a wandering Grot will explain?


























And there you are! It's just blu-taced together at the moment, waiting to be cast. I need to do a few things, like plug all the gaps so the silicone doesn't get inside it when I pour the mold, as well as plug up the various tubes part way down.
This is actually the third and final War Trakk - I have two other bodies, two other track units, another set of wheels, some alternate gun barrels and a rokkit turret. I'm planning to build a few other turret variants and some larger wheels. Some time this week there'll be a video update showing the components and some variations on layout etc. I might also upload the NAZORK rules, although they need a bit of fiddling yet.
Until next time, hippo fans!

3 comments :

  1. Brilliant as per usual. You sir make some fine vehicles for the Orks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these step by step tutorials. I wish it was as easy as you make it look!!

    ReplyDelete