Friday 10 July 2015

Pretty Pictures: The Quantum Wombat.

For some time now I have been working on commissions and things for magazine articles. This has prevented me from working on TFH Ishoos, hence the distinct lack of updates of late. The main drain on my time has come from the wreck of the diplomatic packet Quantum Wombat, a 10mm scale crashed space ship made for Callum in the UK. Now that it is complete, and in his hot little hands, I can finally lift the veil of secrecy and unleash pictures on the waiting world!
The wreck of the Quantum Wombat rests upon the mighty folding workbench of being outside with reasonable light for photography...

And here we see it from an angle.

And here we see where it's noble prow was cruelly ripped away.

Here we see the other side, and the interesting cylindrical side things, which are wrought of finest PVC pipe.

And her we see proof that it does indeed have another side.

The mighty engines come into view.

The main engine is made from agricultural pipe parts and part of a Lego box. Also hose parts.

And now we start to swing back to the original view, and I wish I had a tripod, so I could've done an animated .gif spin around thing.

The bridge. The interior is not modeled, but I have added a panoramic backdrop printed from the internewt to suggest some sort of bridge is in there.

Close up on the damage to the front. The PVC pipes from which the ship is made have been hacked open and decks built in.

The bridge area is decorated with kit parts, the comms array being made from various tank road wheels and gun parts.

The lower engine is part of a light fitting, with some hose-clamp bits added.

The mighty back of the mighty bridge. Again.

Another shot of the damage to the prow, this time showing the holes ripped in the side as well.

Hard to see here, but the top deck has a lot of machinery on it.

Ah, pipes. The Sci-Fi modeller's friend.

More shots of destruction.

And a final shot of destruction.
With the Quantum Wombat done, I'm hoping to get more Ishoos out more often. Ishoo Ninty-Six is almost done as we speak, and, although Callum has commissioned further things, I plan to do some of them as ishoos. (Couldn't really do 'wrecked space ship' - I've already done it!)

5 comments :

  1. HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG That is glorious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callum is very lucky, and the coms relay from tank wheels, now that is an idea to steal. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!

    I have that very same lego box lid tire thingy that you used for an engine in my giant pile of junk.

    Nice to see that something good can come from a junk pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gak! Stealth comment! Somehow missed this one (I think I got a bunch of comments at once and the emails stacked...)

      Delete