Tuesday 1 October 2019

Ishoo Wun-Twelv: Orkness Station.

It's been a while since I last posted an ishoo. That doesn't mean I've been idle, it just means I've been working on projects I didn't think were worth making into tutorials. I've been working away at Orkness - my 40K Ork terrain set for quite some time, but since it uses techniques I've covered, I have not turned any of it into ishoos. Until now. Because I discovered something new.
I was rummaging around in one of the school art store rooms (probably looking for a HB Pencil for a Yr.7 Viscom kid - I spend a lot of time doing that...) when I found something called 'print foam' on a dark and shadowy shelf. What I hear you cry is Print Foam? Well, it's awesome is what it is. It's basically the core from foamcore without the paper. Which means none of that tedious stripping of paper to get to the good carvable foam surface. So naturally I went to the craft shops to hunt it down. And then I built a whole lot of things with it. I even started an Ishoo, but it was really nothing special (just some stone field walls) and I forgot to take photos of the second half of the project. What I needed was something cool to show of this new material. What I needed wa Orkness Station.
Cue the Grot!










Yes, this is out of sequence. I had glued a lot together but it came a bit unglued on the trip to Melbourne. The last three pics were taken at the Hoodlings Hole while six men with fiendish gleams in their eyes played Twilight Imperium in the next room...









The colurful balls all over the place are the ends of dressmaker's pins. I use them to hold things while the PVA dries. 

















And there you have it Hippo Fans!
There are actually a few bits and pieces which need a bit of tidy up still, but I wanted to get the ishoo out, so I'm going to fix them up in the morning. I will also try to get some pretty pictures of the recent Orkness projects.
And what is this I see on the horizon? Why it's only the next ishoo arriving hot on the heals of this one!

1 comment :

  1. Hey, that is great. I will have to look for some print foam. I have done the stripping off the paper thing with foam core before, and it was a pain in the rear.

    ReplyDelete