Tuesday 9 April 2019

Pudding Wrestler's Perfidious Projects: Easter Holidays Update One.

After a relatively slow start on Sunday where I build the PVC skeleton seen yesterday and added some of the bodywork, things have started to tick along nicely. Yesterday I started adding detailing and working on the engines. I wanted to make things look a bit more three dimensional by not just sticking things to the surface, so the lower side plates both have cutouts for recessed detailing.
Where we left off last update - the PVC pipe skeleton. Those are connectors for 42mm internal diameter pipes, which means they's actually 56mm external diameter.
Here's the basic shell added around the PVC skeleton. The skeleton is modular allowing that lower part to be removed while I'm working on things.

Here we see how things look without the bottom part of the PVC skeleton.

This is the first panel I detailed up. It includes (gasp!) a kit part! Now I cannot claim this project is 100% scratch built and 100% GW part free! What have I done?
This is the lower part of the engine area, which is mostly completed. The grey fuel tank is from a toy petrol tanker of surpassing cheapness. I have started work on the upper works of the engine, but they have not gotten far yet. There will probably be more plating and piping in this area once I have the upper engine installed and know where everything needs to be plumbed in.
This is the other side. I wanted some exhaust fans because they always look cool. They have not turned out as well as I had hoped, but most of the detail in this area should be partially obscured, so I'm not too worried.
 Well, that's it for this morning's update. I'm going to go get some more work in. There'll be another update tomorrow morning (I'm planning on doing an update every weekday mornings, not so sure about the weekends because other commitments will probably cut into my modelling time).
As always, feel free to speculate wildly on what it is in the comments.

No comments :

Post a Comment