Monday 6 November 2017

Modeling For Hippos Ishoo Twenty: Iron Squig Pattern Killa Kan

A few weeks ago, I signed up for the 40K Freindly at Cancon 2018, leading Waaagh! Snaggatoof, the most filthy-rich Bad Moon warband ever to realise that dentistry is clearly where the money is at in the Ork economy, and capitalise on that knowledge to fund as many mad meks as possible to build a mighty warband. After spending some time messing about with army lists, I ended up with something I liked. Of course, not everything in is existed at the time. So I made myself a checklist (you can see it on the side bar) and got to work. One of the first things I needed was to build my three Killa Kans. These have been lurking in my cupboard since the days of Clan Skitterklaw, my WFB skaven army. My plan involved making rat ogres using their parts, but never bore fruit. Therefore, they have achieved their destiny of being made as what they were designed as... almost. Because I suddenly realised it was possible to make a sort of mecha-squig from a Killa Kan kit. So it had to be.
Each Iron Squig pattern Killa Kan uses as many parts as possible from the Killa Kan kit, along with some raw materials. You could build one using only Killa Kan parts - the extra bits are decorative, not vital.
But how hard is it to convert a Killa Kan into an Iron Squig?
Hark! A Grot!
























And there you have it! The mighty Iron Squig pattern Killa Kan with Kustom Mega Blasta, all ready for paint!

1 comment :

  1. Nice mecha-squig!

    And I really appreciate that you cut back the floor on your base to make it match the base size... having all of that sort of thing hanging over the edge always seems unfinished to me.

    ReplyDelete