Tuesday 6 November 2012

Duelling Paintbrushes 2: The race that stops a nation shall not stop my skaven.

It's cup day, and apart from winning the $2 sweep at work (no idea how much I win, but it'll porbably be spent on the loathsome rat men and their vile kin!) I've been painting more skaven. Usually, my cup day ritual is to try to complete an entire model (usually a kitbash) in a day. This year I've painted skaven. I finished the Rat Ogres off this morning, painted up seven Storm Vermin, and I'm working on another seven which will be the subject of a Painting for Hippos article tomorrow. I can probably finish them this evening, but I don't think I'll bother. It's not like I'm pressed for time or anything...

Anyways, here are pictures! huzzah!
The storm vermin rank up ready for paint...
Storm Vermin batch one painted on the bench...
The Rat Ogres in all their mutated glory!
The same, at a slight angle. 
Since there are only two poses of Rat Ogre in Island of Blood sets, I've converted number three to make things a bit more interesting. 

His mighty mechanical fist is a spare open fist from a Khador Heavy Warjack box. Gotta love those Warmachine weapon arms - they're perfect for adding to Rat Ogres!
Mysterious glowing runs of power are etched into the Rat Ogre's backs...
This is the Warlock Engineer I finished a little earlier.
And finally, here are those sinister scurrying storm vermin once again... with SAND!
Hopefully, the Painting For Hippos ishoo will go up tomorrow afternoon, where Grot will teach you the dark and terrible secrets of painting the loathsome rat men and their vile kin!

Also, this is the 200th post on the blog. Egad.

1 comment :

  1. Nice work Owen. I think this is the first time I've seen a Warmachien part used in Fantasy- I don't know how I've not noticed one before.
    Looking forward to seeing the final product.

    ReplyDelete