Saturday 2 April 2016

Ishoo Wun-Oh-Wun: 10mm Control Tower.

Welcome back friends. After all the nonsense yesterday, it's time for a proper terrain project again. Actually, I'd been planning this for Ishoo Wun-Hunred, but when it got so close to April I knew I just had to do the April Fool's day version instead.
As part of his latest commission, Callum the Englishman (he who commissioned the Quantum Wombat) ordered a 10mm scale SF space port control tower, to go along with a space port I was also commissioned to build him. Making cunning use of toys, I was able to fairly rapidly build a spectacular piece which had the right sort of small details to make it look like a small scale piece. How I hear you ask? Well, in a manner easy enough to be emulated by our old friend, the African River Horse.
Take it away, Grot!























And there you have it Hippo Fans!
The cunning circle cutter was a birthday present from my dad. He got it from a woodworking show, it's from Japan, and all the text on it's packaging was in Japanese, so I've got no idea what it's actual name is, or where you can get one. I did see something very similar in one of Dad's tool catalogues, probably the one from Carbatec (that's a shop, not a brand).
Well, stick around fans, my mojo seems to be back, and I'll be bringing you Khador Gun Towers very soon! And don't forget to vote on the Ishoo Wun-Oh-For poll at the top of the page!

1 comment :