Wednesday 26 February 2020

Pudding Wrestler's Perfidious Projects: My tank is BLAST!

Time for an update on the Kill Blasta (I think). I have not worked on it all that much of late - the weekly descent of the Hobbiests of the Hoodling's Hole has been lightly interrupted by Lego these last few weeks, but I have been spending some time either before work of after dinner most days.
This side is the more complete side. I have plated and detailed the upper hull, and plated the lower hull (not detailed yet because I have to work out the suspension). I have not added rivets to most of it yet, sort of planning to do that all at once in one big orgy of riveting.
Here's a detail shot of the exhaust mechanisms on this side.

This is the rear hatch which allows the 12 boyz carried in the armoured bowels of the Kill Blasta to spew forth and hit things. There'll be hatches on both sides and one above the main gun too. The four tubes top right are the rokkit lancher, and are just mocked up at the moment.

The main gun in only blu-tacked on at the moment, so I've removed it for a clearer look at the engine.
I've basically worked out how I'm doing the drive sprockets, road wheels idlers etc for the suspension, but I'm still working out how to make all the track links. Probably slowly.

1 comment :