Saturday 18 April 2020

Pudding Wrestler's Perfidious Projects: Grot Tanks for the memories.

Having built new Grot Tanks, and mostly painted new Grot Tanks, I decided that my old ones looked all wrong. They were the first ork vehicles painted for Waaagh! Snaggatoof, and I have changed my painting style, so they don't fit in. I have stared to remedy this, and I'm also going to build a few more. I'm low on Plasticard (just ordered more) so I'm going to try to make them with as little structural plasticard as I can. As a result, the next two will be based on PVC pipe. I still have tons of .5mm plasticard to add details and plates, but it's a bit thin for structural work.
Anyway, time for pictures!

This is the second Grot Tank - this time armed with a skorcha. I was channeling Italian tankettes of ww1 and the ww1 Ford 3-Ton tank on this one. It's the first Grot Tank with exposed road wheels.

It has ended up longer than the others, mostly because I didn't think it was selling the whole 'flame' part of the design without the big fuel tanks.

Here it is with the Rokkit version from MFH Twenty-Nin.

And here is is mostly painted with a second rokkit version I built later.

Meanwhile, Scale Reference Cat is being stalked by the Morkanaut (actually, this photo is the result of me looking at Scale Reference Cat from behind and thinking that from certain angles he bears a strong resemblance to the Morkanaut from certain angles...

I've started to repaint my old Grot Tanks to match the new stuff - I was never happy with the weathering on them before, and everything else in Waaagh! Snaggatoof is pretty clean as Bad Moons are the only orks with enough teef to afford to run their vehicles through the car wash - since Scunthork is by the sea and has a salt-water car wash it's pretty hard on the exposed metal parts, hence all the rust to go with the clean paint.

Scale Reference Cat, meanwhile, is ignoring me and sleeping in a box full of miniatures - moslty Mad Juzzy the Flutist's Bounty.
Well, that about wraps it up for this update. I'm going to start working on some PVC pipe based Grot Tanks, and I'm also planning on building a Gun Wagon and Grot Mega Tank soon. Plus, I just ordered a 1/35 Tamiya Sherman online for a mysterious orky project of mystery!

2 comments :

  1. Could not believe that at the moment of finding this noone commented yet.

    Whoever sees this and shuts the feeder either has no idea about the stupid amount of work and patience it takes to work with bare plasticard and rods or has no fingers to type with.

    Seen the evolution of those thru a couple of posts and can't say anything else but

    Respect

    \m/

    Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete