Tuesday 21 January 2020

Pudding Wrestler's Perfidious Projects: Back on the bench.

Guess who's back on the workbench? That's right, after a very long break, I'm working on the Stompa again. So far this has just meant working on the Deff Kannon (or mega kannon or whatever they call it these days...)
This is where it all started - the ammo cylinder. Originally, I was planning on a sort of revolver design, but I ran into some problems with making the cylinder properly (this is part of the reason the project stalled). I decided to simplify and go for a drum magazine instead which was much simpler. The end caps are MDF cut using a hole saw and drill, which have been plated with plasticard.

To get a rough idea of the gun's length I cut out the barrel and tested it - obviously there's more gun behind the cylinder.

The more gun behind the cylinder in question.

The gun as fitted to the shoulder. I was also having trouble with arm design until I realised the gun was too big to fit to an arm without clashing with the legs, so I just welded it right onto the shoulder. 
And here's the gun fully detailed with underslung skorcha - there's also a big shoota mounted to the top but it's not visible here. The gun is about the same size as the old Rhino kits, and gives the current Rhino a run for its money.
Well, there it is. The Stompa is now well on its way to completion. I'm working on the supa rokkits now, and then it's just a matter of a pintle mounted twin big shoota on the lower hook of the moon.
And paint. Oh so much paint.

No comments :

Post a Comment